XII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dalaran Raiding Guild

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clicky vs Keys

Go down 
+2
Vodkah
Izazarien
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Izazarien

Izazarien

Clicky vs Keys Empty
PostSubject: Clicky vs Keys   Clicky vs Keys EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Okay I admit, I am not an addon whore as I only care for things pertinent to me in the moment and I don't like to be controlled by something telling me when to cast/hit something. (I can see the shadowed cooldown on an ability) During my research though I have always heard the controversy between clickers and key pressers where key pressers use the mouse to move. What I want to hear (from anyone doesn't just have to be Dk's) what is your opinion or facts of how key pressers punch out more dps than clickers? Because according to EJ and a few other sites key pressers out dps clickers hands down. Not a pun btw
Back to top Go down
Vodkah
Priest
Priest
Vodkah

Clicky vs Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clicky vs Keys   Clicky vs Keys EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:11 pm

idk how other people feel but i have always used key 1-5 and f1-f4 to keybind most of my abilities, also throwing in the F G and V keys for some other abilities, keeping them all on the same side of the keyboard.

while using the keyboard my fingers are pretty use to where the buttons are located and im able to look at other key things going on instead of looking at the buttons to click with my mouse.

when clicking, your mouse is most likely on the bottom of your screen where, your buttons are most likely located. if new adds come in your reaction time to click on them is alot slower than someone who is pressing their keybinds and have the mouse floating in the middle of the screen ready to click new adds.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Clicky vs Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clicky vs Keys   Clicky vs Keys EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Pressing down buttons is more dps, and if you get something like SnowfallKeyPress (SKP). You will see even more dps. The reason being is quicker human reaction time. Its easier to mash 1 button rather than move your mouse back and forth.
Edit: For DK's having a nostromo helps a lot too.
Back to top Go down
https://xiiguild.forumotion.com
Hruk
Death Knight
Death Knight
Hruk

Clicky vs Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clicky vs Keys   Clicky vs Keys EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:00 pm

i personal keybind everything, that way i can move and press though buttons for like the oozes on fights like pp, also i think right now i have 16 spells i use, and as such i press the button that im going to use, before it comes off cooldown, so im mashing the spell that is going to get used next before its ready, that way the second it becomes available it gets used. i should also mention that i do use a Nostramo n52 myself
Back to top Go down
Izazarien

Izazarien

Clicky vs Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clicky vs Keys   Clicky vs Keys EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:11 pm

I tried keys but I will have to stick to clicking and thanks to Tanks that Pull everything in an area with awesome healers behind them we can rack up the damage still I guess.

ICC_Sin
Back to top Go down
Palliate
Admin
Admin
Palliate

Clicky vs Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clicky vs Keys   Clicky vs Keys EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 4:02 am

Hehe, I was running at like 1 frame per second during that pull... was fun XD
Back to top Go down
Garvey

Clicky vs Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clicky vs Keys   Clicky vs Keys EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:40 pm

I personally think Keybinding is much better because it allows you to move with your mouse, not only will you have an easier time attacking you will be able to move out of voidzones, fire, etc.. Lore from tankspot can explain it better

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?67793-The-Weekly-Marmot-Keyboard-Turning
Back to top Go down
Izazarien

Izazarien

Clicky vs Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clicky vs Keys   Clicky vs Keys EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Lol, I turn with my mouse, always have and always will. Madrena can't stand using my mouse cuz of the speed I have it set on. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clicky vs Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clicky vs Keys   Clicky vs Keys Empty

Back to top Go down

Clicky vs Keys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
XII :: World of Warcraft :: Character Classes :: Death Knights-
Jump to: